Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's raining... it's pouring... it's a SHOWER (or two)!!!

Yep, The GiGi finally sent me The Pictures, so I can finally post about the showers. Because you know me, I don't like to post much unless I have visual aids for all my ADHD readers.

Now, if Boudreaux's hiccups will STOP SHAKING THE LAPTOP for a few minutes, I should be able to post about these fun parties...

SHOWER NUMBER ONE: The "family" shower...

Thrown by Kailey-Bug and Lindy-Pooh in The New Room... September 2nd... with The One Things.

Let me tell you about The One Things... the Things which I still Crave weeks and weeks later. Take a swiss roll. Cut it into 2-3 pieces. Roll it around in powdered sugar. Eat with milk. Gain more weight than the doctor recommends. Then tell him where to shove it. Mmmmmmm.... The actual cake was good, too... (take note of the centerpiece of this cake, you will be finding it in future pictures... let's play I Spy!)


This was a "couples" shower, but I think men are afraid of showers (the party kind and the literal kind). However, my darling husband KRIS was brave enough to come (and forsake the first UGA game, I am SO proud!) and I let him open the presents as a reward for his courage.



We received a lot of awesome stuff, especially clothing. And more clothing. And probably enough clothing that we won't have to do baby laundry for the first three months of Jake's life (YAY!). For other expectant moms out there: I don't care how cute all those clothes at the store are, DON'T BUY THEM if you're having any kind of shower. TRUST ME. But man, those were some adorable clothes... I washed all the little socks, and I was so scared that the washer was going to eat them!


High point of the shower: when Kris opened the box from his mom that had his stuffed Pooh and Tigger from when he was a baby... and they cried... and cried... and cried... (you will see these stuffed treasures in the nursery pictures, they are on top of the changing table... check down a little bit, or wait until I post the next set of nursery pictures later today).

And another note for those with "fun" families: don't buy little confetti pieces... you never know WHERE they'll end up, and how long you'll be finding them there!!!




Moving onto...
SHOWER NUMBER TWO: The "church" shower

If you thought the FAMILY shower was crazy... you ain't seen nothin' yet! Just kidding... our church is full of wonderful ladies that are typically calm, cool, and collected... nothing at all like MY family. I'm not exactly sure who "threw" this shower (how do you "throw" a shower anyway?), so whoever did all the work needs to comment on here for credit. I just know that I showed up and it was great. This shower was on September 28th, three days after our trip to the hospital. Of course, the cake was awesome. Oh, but when during pregnancy is cake NOT awesome?! (And look Jake, you'd BETTER be a boy, now!)



This was the STUFF shower. As in, now that Jake has things to wear, let's talk about how to feed him and then catch and clean up what we just fed him (on both ends, mind you!). And then let's talk about accessories! Bath towels, medical supplies, first aid stuff, blankets (can't ever have too many blankets), bottles, bottle brushes, more bottles, lotion... you know, STUFF. Behind the Scenes stuff (because people in public see the baby and his clothes) that's absolutely necessary for your sanity and survival.


Of course, I have to make note of the awesome pre-shower activities... even though I will NOT be posting the toe-picture... my wonderful mother-in-law took me for my (and her) first pedicure ever... it was a little strange at first, since I'm not really a foot-touching-person... but man, I sure did get used to it real quick :) and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.


Oh, and the above is a picture of me being super-pregnant. That yellow box is a magic box of Boudreaux's Butt Paste... which actually smells REALLY GOOD. I will be using it in very tiny amounts on our Boudreaux, because it smells good enough to make me want to eat him all up, and I'm sure he'll already be cute enough to eat up!


Aaaand that's about it for the showers... thank you to everyone who came and partied it up... or even if you just came, or even if you just dropped off a gift and ran away because I looked so funny =D because LOOK AT THAT, I look like I'm about to pop... and who wants amniotic fluid explosion all over them?

But guess what, Loyal Readers? I'm going to stop writing on this post so I can post more NURSERY PICTURES. Fun fun fun!!

If I left anything out (any good details or significant events), feel free to comment about them.



Looove, Boo's Mama


0 Strange Opinions:

Post a Comment

<< Home