Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Love Letter


Dear Little Man...


Yep, that's your name. That's the most-used nickname. And I bet we'll use it for years to come, or at least until I have another baby that happens to be a boy. But don't worry, not anytime soon.

Merry Christmas Eve! Guess what happened tonight, two-thousand-some years ago? This awesome, awesome baby was born in this little bitty Podunk town called Bethlehem. And someday, he's going to play a very big part in your life. He already does, you just don't know it yet. Or maybe you know better than we all think, because you just came from there, so He's probably still fresh in your mind. I bet your Paw-Paw is still fresh in your mind too. But anyhow, this is your first Christmas. You got lots and lots of awesome gifts from everyone in the family.

Yesterday you wore your first 3-6month outfit. I still can't believe how fast you're growing up. Sometimes I just sit and hold your newborn clothes that don't fit... those super-cute outfits I put on you week after week... and I just can't let them go. But at the same time, I'm looking at all your 3-6 and 6-9month clothes, and I'm just so excited about you wearing them. It's just amazing to me that you're growing up so fast.

Last night you rolled over for the first time, from your back to your left side to your stomach. I'm sure it helped a little that you were rolling toward me in the bed, and I'm sure my massive weight was probably creating a helping angle for you, but still... you're reaching milestone after milestone. Before I know it, you'll want me to take you out of the sling and put you down so you can crawl, and eventually walk... and you'll walk around the house, then out of the house... into your first classroom then across the stage to get your diploma (hopefully)... then back down the aisle with your wife (or husband, who knows) and out of my life. All I can do is pray that, with all this walking, you never forget to walk back into my arms every once in awhile... because I know you need me, but the truth is, I need you, too.

Please don't grow up too fast. I already miss you and you haven't even started crawling yet.

Thank you for teaching me the value of time, especially of quality time... because I'll be spending as much of it with you as I can, before it all slips away.

Love,
Mama

1 Strange Opinions:

Anonymous Laura thinks...

Kids can grow so fast! Sometimes I sit back and look at Timothy and remember when he was just a baby and wonder where all the time went. Cherish every moment with him the little things always mean the most and shower him with love! Time is so priceless these days and even though you have many years ahead...never forget the little things in life.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home